Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

What does Mr. Hutch do for cash?

I married a man with many redeeming qualities. Not the least of which is his handiness. Mr. Hutch is a tradesman. Here’s a hot tip for everyone out there: you can do much, much worse than marrying someone in the trades. I love Mr. Hutch for many reasons. But when we had one two-month old Hutchling still in the NICU and one two-month old Hutchling at home and our roof started to leak, I loved him just a little bit more for not being a pencil-pusher.
As I mentioned, we are (well, he is) building a secondary rental suite in our basement. Mr. Hutch is currently on hiatus from being a journeyman worker-bee and is working on our renovation. We figure it makes more sense for him to do it than is does to pay someone else.
Once the renovation is complete and all buttoned-up with paying tenants, Mr. Hutch hopes to go into business for himself. This is very exciting to me, and I imagine it will provide a wealth of blog material in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment