Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Who are the 4 Hutches?

Mr. Hutch and I are just a couple of kids living the dream.  Wait! One of us turned 40 this year (read: not me). I guess we’re not really kids anymore.  Heck, can you still be kids when you’ve got two of them yourselves?  That’s right, the Hutchlings, N and V, arrived just a little over 9 months after our wedding.  Apparently we’re very efficient at reproducing.
We’ve lived in our 1906 Victorian for four years and in that time Mr. Hutch has renovated almost every square inch of that sucker.  I mean literally top (a new roof last year) to bottom (just poured new foundation footings last week).  We are currently immersed in a full-on basement renovation in which we are building a secondary rental suite.  I mentioned we live in one of Canada’s most expensive cities, right?  Hutchlings that come by the pair aren’t cheap.
I tend to geek our over our family’s finances. I have a lot of dreams for us. I have spreadsheets, plans and more spreadsheets and plans. I’m always thinking of how to get ahead in this expensive city, and at this expensive stage of our lives. Hence this blog: I figured I might as well get it out so that it isn’t rattling around so much in my head. Yeah, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment